Maine Hunting

Fly Rod

Commander
:) Several of us got to camp Sunday, settled in to a turkey dinner, watched a couple of football games and prepared the gear for the hunt!!!<br /><br />Monday had 2 Does stand in front of me no more then 30yds.away!!! They must have known that I didn't have a Doe permit,"it's bucks only for me!!" One of my friends jumped a 10 pointer but couldn't get a clean shot !!! <br /><br />Today didn't see or hear anything!!! Haven't even heard a gun shot!!! ;) :cool:

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Maine Hunting

So you saw the Patriots lose? That's no way to start a vacation! :rolleyes:

KennyKenCan

Commander

I heard of a friend, who was hunting up there over the weekend, and he said the only thing stirring, where the snipes! :D <br /><br />Anyone else do any snipe hunting? :cool:

oddjob

Commander

Only as a kid and then later in the service we took some city boyz once or twice. The real punch line of the joke is on us who have shared the tradition IGNORANT of the fact that it is a bona-fied regulated Game with bag limits in some states.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Hey Mike!! How that new boat working out for ya???

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey Fly Rod,<br /><br />Had a great boating season, didn't do much fishing though. But I did do plenty of cruising/sightseeing. Landlord said I can store it in her yard this year so Jocelyn will be pulling me out next friday. And hopefully fitting it in the yard. May be taking some work friends out for a last cruise on Sunday, thay all like to fish, anything out around the Beverly Islands right now?<br /><br />Thanks,

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Here it is Friday and all we are seeing are Does!!! Came across a dozen scrapes and been sitting in the area hoping to get a shot at that buck!!! We had 3" of wet snow last night so should be able to do some tracking!!! ;) :cool:

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Flyrod...where are you hunting at?<br />I was hunting Green Mountain in Oakland Monday and had a moose walk up on me. Nice size cow. Stayed 20-30 yards from me for about a half hour. I am heading up to Unity in the morning and next week maybe Jackman if there is snow on the ground.<br />Good Luck to you.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

So how long is the season on Maines and how many can you take??<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />j/k Good Luck with the hunt.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Hi AK!! The gunnen season in Maine goes just about the month of November, archery is the month of October and with special archery permits will start in Sept!!! The area we hunt,"western montain area which is around Sugarloaf Mountain as a referance point averages about 4 deer per sq. mile It's not like you see on tv with deer all over the place!!!It is hard hunting here!!! You are allowed one buck unless you have a Doe permit, but you are still allowed only one deer per season!!! <br />Maine deer harvest is about 30,000 deer per year and sell about 230,000 licesences !!!<br /><br />Good morning Mike!!<br />We are hunting in the Kingfield, Strong area off of the 142 road!!! Use to hunt the Oldtown area years ago!!! We had 3" of snow and yesterday and this morning it is very windy, blowing about 40mph. I'm surprised we haven't lost our power!!!<br /><br />Yesterday before the wind started I also seen some moose!!! Saw a Bull of to my right at about 7am, went about another 100yds. and to my left as I was going up a hill,saw a cow and calf!!! Seen about 5 seperate deer tracks but no deer!!! ;) :cool:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) The deer won this week!!! will be going back next week for another week of hunting the elusive whitetail!!! ;) :cool: