Macerator Pump Choice

sasto

Captain
Re: Macerator Pump Choice

I've had Jabsco last for years, not many problems.

Have you tried freeing it? My model has a fitting on the end where I have used a large screwdriver to free it.

Good Luck!

MainShip36

Cadet

I've had Jabsco last for years, not many problems.

Have you tried freeing it? My model has a fitting on the end where I have used a large screwdriver to free it.

Good Luck!

I was not aware there might be one. Where is it located? Do I need to take the hose off to acces it?

Thanks.

sasto

Captain

I was not aware there might be one. Where is it located? Do I need to take the hose off to acces it?

Thanks.

Nah.....located on the opposite end of the pump...on the motor. The motor is on one end...and the pump is attached to the other.

That would be the opposite end of where the intake (large) hose connects.

Spare parts can be found on the internet also, if needed.

Good Luck!

mpsyamaha

Petty Officer 1st Class

in a saltwater environment and with heavy use it seems that no pumps, whether baitwell, washdown, macerator, etc, last for more than 2 or 3 years. those jabsco macerators arent bad, most problems i see with them is when they are used for fish box evacuation, and they get heavy line, wire, or other trash in the blade and short out.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

As Sasto said, there is a slot on the end of the shaft that a large slotted screwdriver will fit into to turn the shaft and hopefully free it up. The biggest issue I have seen is with fishing line getting wrapped around the shaft...

I had this pump, the Whale Gulper demoed for me, very impressive pump...