Lund boat

steve666

Recruit
Looking.for.a.manual to replace a floor on a.2002.lund.adventurer boat. I would assume.therw are.some.tricks.to getting.it.out . Ie hidden screw.etc. any help would be.appreciated
Thank

jbcurt00

Staff member
No such manual exists, for Lunds or for thousands of other boat manufacturers

Aluminum Lund?

Dig into the Aluminum boat rehabs posted here, most boats are similar enough to give you an idea of what lies ahead.

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
The winter of 1999 - 2000 I totally overhauled the interior of a Lund American 5.3. If your boat was anything like that one, the floorboard screws are under the carpet. In my case the carpet wasn't worth anything so it was coming out anyway.
As previously mentioned, there are a lot of screws. So what we did when we reinstalled the new floorboards, we first basically made a map of the "floor" of the boat. We mapped out where all the previous screw holes were. The reason we did that is because we wanted the new screws to go into fresh metal to ensure a good bite.
I was a fun project, it enabled me to improve upon some of the compartments and things like that. That being said, I'll never do it again.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Go to Facebook and join the Lund transom group. If your into that boat it's almost guaranteed to need a new transom as well.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Go to Facebook and join the Lund transom group. If your into that boat it's almost guaranteed to need a new transom as well.

Not so fast. Lund boats the seat basses have a hole in the bottom if the seat is not in the base any water gets below the floor and the insulation hold the moisture. I redid the floor in my 5.3 the floor was rotted the transom is rock solid.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Not so fast. Lund boats the seat basses have a hole in the bottom if the seat is not in the base any water gets below the floor and the insulation hold the moisture. I redid the floor in my 5.3 the floor was rotted the transom is rock solid.
I don't know the exact specifics but, starting approx. 1999 ingredients in pressure treated lumber were changed up to be more environmentally friendly. This started causing problems with corrosion in Lund transoms. The copper in the PL was causing a chemical reaction with the aluminum transom skin. It caused pitting, small pin holes, paint bubbles that led to rotting transoms. It was a HUGE problem between 1999-2007 I'm not sure what happened up to that point the problem seemed to improve. "effect less boats" however it still persisted until Lund started using composite transoms in select models in 2017, and all models in 2018

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Yes, early 2000's Lunds had a few years of transom issues.
Check it out.

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
I've been doing some reading on this in various places. Most of what I'm reading pertains to boats with outboards. I'm not really seeing anything pertaining to inboard outboards. The reason for my interest is I have a very nice 97 Tyee Magnum I.O I bought about 4 years ago.