Lowrance

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a Lowrance LMS 160, I'm talking to a person how has a Lowrance LMS 520c for sale . Will plugs in back and everthing else be the same.The 520C doesn't have a antenna. Or chip. Can I still get chips?
Thnaks For Replys.
David C

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: Lowrance

LMS 520C is still a production unit. It does need an external antenna. Yes you can get Chips if you feel you need more detailed maps.

I do not know if the LMS 160 has the same type plugs or not. If I were to guess I would say they are different. I would make a list of questions and then Call Lowrance support. In the past when many new units came out your could buy and adapter to connect the older transducer to the newer unit. I think they cost about $20 each.

BillP

Captain

Normally there is no way of using old tranducers if they don't "factory" fit. It's a software thing and units won't "talk" to the transducers no matter how many plugs and pins swaps fit. As far as adapters go to make it happen, I don't see any in a dealers info binder for Lowrance...going back 10+ yrs.

bp

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

firehog6305

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have the lowrance 527c, its the same as the one that you are looking at, except it has the bulit in gbs antena, its a great unit. and everyone is right, you can still get everything for this unit online, but old transducers that are not made for that unit wont work, this unit has a very high output and will burn up transducers, so make sure you purchase the correct one