Lowrance Transducer problems

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi

I just bought a lowrance Fish LO-K-TOR the Green box portable one from ebay . But the guy cut the transducer . I want to know if I can use a curent model transducer for that model . I can always solder the leads back togeter ,. The seller clams it will work like it is but , I my memory services me right it can short out the hold unit if Im not careful . So I would like to solder it back togetter and shrink tubing rap it so its water tight again like before it was cut into two pesces . Did anyone take one of these transducers apart before and fix one that had a broken wire like the one i have . I was wondering the top will unscrew so I can take the wires and solder them inside the transducer it self . theres two wires in it one fir the signal and one for the ground . so it cant be that hard to do .

Tell what you think and if you have taken one apart before to fix it . I never talked to lowrance yet if I can use one of there modern transducers ,I only had it a day or so . I complained to the seller , but am geting nowhere .

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Lowrance Transducer problems

solved resolder the wires back togetter .