Lowrance rebate scam

Kachadurian

Seaman Apprentice
I sent in my original Lowrance rebate (for the "Free" Map chip) on April 14, 2008. The rebate center received it on April 18, 2008. I have a USPS return receipt post card.

When I had not heard a thing by June 1, 2008 I contacted the rebate center. They claimed to have never received it, and asked me to resubmit my copies, which I did. They got those on June 17, 2008 -- again I have a USPS return receipt postcard. This time I did get an email confirming the reciept.

Today is 30 days since they got the forms for a second time so I called. They claimed to have "shipped" the product on June 30, 2008, but it was never delivered and they have NO TRACKING of any kind to show it was sent.

After holding for several minutes I'm talking to my second person who claims it was "In the system as shipped on June 30," they have no confirmation. They do not know when exactly it was really shipped. They don't know where it was shipped from. They don't know what service the used to ship it, but they claim it can take up to 30 days from the day it was "shipped" to be delivered and they won't reship until then.

Is this whole thing just a scam? Has anyone seen fulfillment on this rebate?

This is the first Lowrance product I've ever bought and I'm thinking it will be my last.

Tom

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Lowrance rebate scam

alot of times "rebates"are handled by an outside company thats retained by the parent company,and alot of times things get screwed up....call customer service at lowrance,not the rebate center,be polite and explain the sit-rep,ask for a manager at customer service.if that doesnt work...........send copys of the UPS receipts,say you want a return authorization # as your shipping back the unit for a full refund based on your experience with them...that will get someones attention.....worked for me with Sirius radio.

BillP

Captain

If you bought it at a big box retail store ask them to make a few calls for you.

whofan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I sent mine in back in march just got the new chip two weeks ago, Very slow. Sent my new graph back to Lowrance one week ago for repair X510c. I also bought a new 5200c globalmap thats how I got the rebate. Next time Humminbird here I come.

ditchdoc666

Recruit

I guess I'm a lucky one,Bought a new lcx28 and lms 520 from Three Rivers Marine and mailed my rebate in and got the correct card in about 3 weeks changed from HB to Lowrance and love it.A outside company handles rebates so dont blame Lowrance for it.Top notch company and service dept a plus for my change over.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Although Lowrance uses an outside firm to handle rebates, it is still Lowrances promotion and it is their reputation that has to take the heat. The customer bought the product from Lowrance, not the rebate firm. That is simply bad management and bad customer service. You have every right to complain directly to Lowrance and complain loudly. The customer holds the purse strings. Remind them of that.

grouper21797

Cadet

Since they are having a hard time trying to figure out how they sent it, they probably send it using the good old post office 'parcel post service'. There is no tracking for this 19th century system and it can take up to 30 days to reach it's destination. The Pony Express was faster. They use it because it is so cheap.

HONKER1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I for one will not purchase anything that has rebate strings attached. When the salesman talks rebate, I walk. By your posting you know the scam of rebate promotions. Track everything and keep copies.
I have to agree with SilverTip, it is Lowrange promotion and they should take the heat. I have been contemplating a new GPS and there are alot to pick from, but Lowrange has just been removed from my list. Lowrange need to get their promotion contractor under control or change their promotion to a differant format.