Lowrance Networking Help

jtaggart

Seaman Apprentice
I am looking at expanding the network on my boat. I just added a second Lowrance HDS9, both of which are mounted on the console. I have the old HDS7 that I'd like to have the option to mount at the transom or up in the bow depending on what type of fishing Im doing. Currently the HDS9s are linked via network cable and NMEA2000 as Im pulling engine data via the NMEA network. I only have one more Network port available, is there a way to split that port so I can run a network cable both forward and backwards?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I am looking at expanding the network on my boat. I just added a second Lowrance HDS9, both of which are mounted on the console. I have the old HDS7 that I'd like to have the option to mount at the transom or up in the bow depending on what type of fishing Im doing. Currently the HDS9s are linked via network cable and NMEA2000 as Im pulling engine data via the NMEA network. I only have one more Network port available, is there a way to split that port so I can run a network cable both forward and backwards?
Not sure what network cable you’re talking about.
RU using the Lowrance network by chance?

To add additional devices to a NEMA 2000 network, you simply put a tee in the back bone and connect the new device with a drop cable.

In your situation, you would need to install two tees and two drop cables.

jtaggart

Seaman Apprentice
Not sure what network cable you’re talking about.
RU using the Lowrance network by chance?

To add additional devices to a NEMA 2000 network, you simply put a tee in the back bone and connect the new device with a drop cable.

In your situation, you would need to install two tees and two drop cables.
Im talking about the yellow connector on the Lowrance units not the NMEA. The NMEA only lets me share waypoints not sonar or GPS.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Im talking about the yellow connector on the Lowrance units not the NMEA. The NMEA only lets me share waypoints not sonar or GPS.
Ok, you’re sharing displays.
Should be able to share a gps source through NEMA.

Anyhow, it looks like your stuck with one of these…..