Lower unit help on Force 85hp OB

jrlogan11

Seaman
I have a leak in my lower unit, cuz the oil got milky after changing it in just 4 days. Couple questions:<br /><br />1. Where would I get an attachment that would allow me to hook by bicycle pump to the lower unit and pressure test it?<br /><br />2. I plan to change the water pump housing seals, impeller, driveshaft and shift rod seals, all of which I have done before, though on a different motor. However, I have never messed with the prop shaft. How hard is it to change the prop shaft seals? Any special tools required (pullers)? How far do you need to tear it down to change the seal? (remove anode?)<br /><br />3. I have no idea when this unit was last serviced. If I pressure test it (assuming somebody answers #1 for me!), and the prop shaft seal isn't leaking, should I change it anyway since I have the unit off, or would I be better off leaving it alone?<br /><br />Thanks in advance for the help!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lower unit help on Force 85hp OB

Did you ask this question a few days ago? <br />I think I saw it, and it was answered, but I can't seem to find it now.<br /><br />I searched for your posts, and only came up with 3???<br /><br />Where did they go.<br /><br />Sorry, but I can't answer your questions, but hopefully, someone will be along later tonight to answer them.

jrlogan11

Seaman

Yeah, but they rearranged the boards and apparently my post got zapped. I was disappointed cuz I left for the weekend hoping to have my answer when I got back. If you've already answered this, please do so again, because I never got it! :(

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Your post is still here. Scroll down to jul 11 at 10:50 pm in chrysler/force. The answers you need are there

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The Seloc manual says to pack the new seal with marine grease before installing but not the OD.