Lower Unit Exchange Sea King 6 HP

Rathlee

Cadet
I have a 1969 Sea king 6 HP (Chrysler) VWB-27906A with a missing drive shaft and water pump. What should I be looking for in the Chrysler models of about that year ro exchange the lower unit with the Sea King lower unit ? The Chrysler motors seem to be more available. The engine is fine otherwise but the missing drive shaft slows me down....A LOT. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I've been searching for a long time, and I'm getting old.
Vinny

foodfisher

Captain
Re: Lower Unit Exchange Sea King 6 HP

Search in the "other outboard brands" forum. Help may come before the end.;)

starspa

Recruit

Hi Vinny; I have a 1967, 6hp Sea King with the model number VWB 27906A. I have been looking for a year for someone to tell me where I can get oil seals for the lower unit. I too am getting old!

I see, all of the time, older Sea Kings on Craigslist and they claim to have new seals or other parts. Where in the world are they getting them. Somebody on these forums knows, why won't anybody help us?

moparman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Try an internet search for sea king boat motor parts and see what you come up with.As the older sk was made by chrysler, Franze marine should be able to help also