Lower Susquehanna

Cal195

Seaman Apprentice
Just wondering if anyone is able to put in anywhere south of Wrightsville? Not ready to put boat away yet. If not , any suggestions on where I can.....Thanks.

Cal195

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Lower Susquehanna

Thanks for being so helpful to a newcomer.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I just wanted to point you toward what you were looking for. I didn't mean any offense.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Haven't heard what the situation was for this week. I know a couple friends couldn't launch last weekend. I'm thinking of heading to Goldsboro for some fishing later this week if the weather is nice.

Cal195

Seaman Apprentice

I have never been to Goldsboro, is it big, rocky ? Easy for a new boater? Thanks

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

is it big, rocky ? Easy for a new boater?

No, Yes, No :eek::D:p

It has a nice boat ramp (use the PA Fish Commission one). If you put in at that ramp you can head downriver to the dam which is a couple miles. You can head up the other side past TMI to about even with where you started from. Do not try to go up further than that or it gets rocky and in the summer also very weedy. I made you a map:

Goldsboro.jpg

Stay above the dam (obviously) and below the black line and you'll be fine. I know it doesn't look like much but it's a somewhat decent-sized area to run around in. I enjoy going there occasionally, especially in the evenings. It's close to me as I'm in Mount Wolf. We also have a little 14' aluminum with a 4HP and if I take that up there I'll get more adventurous with how far upriver I'll go.

Cal195

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks so much for your help. The map is very very helpful. Again, thanks so much.

Cal195

Seaman Apprentice
Lake Clarke Docks

Lake Clarke Docks

I am a first year boater and was wondering if there is a date when they pull the docks at Lake Clarke? Not ready to put her to sleep just yet, but if they will soon remove the docks then it might be time......Thanks

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lake Clarke Docks

Re: Lake Clarke Docks

There does not seem to be a set date. I have certainly boated there before without the docks in place. Helps to have two people but definitely do-able.