Lower control problem

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have twin 200 yamahas (93's) and am having trouble with port engine. Lower controls just replaced and took for water test. Port engine idles fine but when put in gear...buzzer sounds and engine is in gear for a second then acts as though its back to nuetral. Works find in reverse. Also, works fine from upper control and of course the other engine works fine. Any suggestion why Port buzzer and nuetral seem to be stuck?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lower control problem

sounds like you have dual 704 boxs with the yamaha electronic transfer box.<br /> it also sounds like your cables are not adjusted correctly/. if the transfer box senses an overstroke or detects any problems it kicks to the nuteural position and buzz's ya to let ya know its now in nuteural.<br />I cant spell today<br /> sorry :)

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Lower control problem

Thanks Rod, I'm not sure how to adjust the new cables however I did loosen the screws and move slightly the ectrical sensor on the out side of the port engine transfer box. Not sure if this was right but the engine is now going in gear. Don't think I fixed but it is workig...hope it doesn't happen again.