Lowe boat question

Mike Trahan

Cadet
I found a Lowe 180W with a Evinrude ficht 115 for sale on craigslist that looked to be in excellent condition. He states that it's a 1993 model, yet I can't find anything on the net where Lowe made a 1993 model when I wanted to do some research on it. From the NADA site, I can't find a 1993 model. Did they make them that year and this is a typo? Just curious and if anybody has or had this type of boat, how did you like it? Thanks.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lowe boat question

I don't want to start an uproar here, but I read articles about the Ficht system when it first came out and they were not kind. Possibly they got the problems solved. Don't know where '93 year model production is with respect to the articles.

HTH,

Mark

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I could also be wrong but I don't think FICHT motors go back as far as '93.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Ficht motors were introduced in 1999 I think.

They were supposed to save OMC.

Instead, they were the final nail in the coffin, causing them to go out of business.

About Lowe boats. They have started up, sold out, changed names and owners 3 or 4 times.

Always made good boats, but kind of hard to follow the product line.

Get the hull id to get the Make and model year.
Then use NADA to verify.

Mike Trahan

Cadet

I don't want to start an uproar here, but I read articles about the Ficht system when it first came out and they were not kind. Possibly they got the problems solved. Don't know where '93 year model production is with respect to the articles.

HTH,

Mark

I decided to do a search on Ficht and I see what you mean. Thanks and I have to do some more thinking and research. And thanks to everyone that responed. It helped.