Low Speed Adjustment

MudDuck

Cadet
I got this 112 evinrude 96 yr model, and i'm wondering if there is a specfic way to make this adjustment. Is there some kind of preset measurement to set these rods, at least to get some kind of nuetral starting point. The motor is running great at top end. It has a great hole shot and transition from low to top. The dam thing just won't idle right and when i'm running at low speeds to motor doesn't seem like it wants to accelerate. From clutch to half throttle it's about the same speed very little accel, but if i nail it she runs like the wind.
Any ideas???

Oh by the way, the overheat problem turned out to be bad water deflectors. Thanks for all the help..

The Duck

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Low Speed Adjustment

I would suggest checking the sync and link to start with Duck....to long to post here so a service manual would be the thing to get. If this procedure dosen't do any good for you, then I would do a good carb overhaul.

Something to check, pull the cover off the carbs so you can see the throttle plates. Make sure they are both closed in neutral and start to move at the same time as the throttle is advanced. If one is open, even a little, it can mess up the idle.

MudDuck

Cadet
Re: Low Speed Adjustment

Thank You... I'll be on it as soon as i get home from the job.