Low oil float switch location

Rodster44

Seaman
Hi
I have a 1999 150 Johnson. I have a remote oil tank for the engine oil. It is hard to see but I can't see any electric connections on the remote oil tank. I would just like to locate the low oil level switch.
thanks in advance Rod

ob

Admiral
Re: Low oil float switch location

The low oil sender is definately in the oil reservoir.Whether yours is wired in is another matter.Should be two wires leading from the reservoir to a location under the engine cover.Do you know if your engines vro has been disabled or is still in service?

Rodster44

Seaman

Hi
I just bought the boat. The previous owner took it out with me. He said when the light comes on he has to add oil in the remote tank. The red lights come on in the tach for the system check then go out one at a time when starting. I will take a better look tomorrow.
Thanks Rod

Rodster44

Seaman

Thanks OB
I see the wires right on top and they go to the engine. It is awfull crowded in that space.
Rod

ob

Admiral

Glad to hear you found em.Thanks for the update.:)

Rodster44

Seaman

Hi OB
Do you know how much to add when it is time to add oil ? I don't want to fill the flex tube all the way to the top.
Rod

ob

Admiral

As a rule ,I never allowed mine to drop below the half way mark bearing in mind the varying angle of the reservoir while boating.3/4 level is even better.A quart between adds to maintain this level range is sufficient.

Rodster44

Seaman

I can't see the level on my tank. It is even hard to see the tank. There is a long flexable tube that runs to a fill cap higher up on the boat. All I have to
let me know is the light and alarm.
Rod

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I can't see the level on my tank. It is even hard to see the tank. There is a long flexable tube that runs to a fill cap higher up on the boat. All I have to
let me know is the light and alarm.
Rod

That sucks !!! You mean that you can not see it from anywhere ??
I have full vision of mine by moving a cover. I dont know if my low level signal works as it never gets below half full before I fill it up again.