Loving it so far!

jmoore73

Seaman Apprentice
'Bout 2 weeks ago, I bought 1991 maxum 1800 SR w/ 3.0 L merc I/O. I've spent more time so far wrenching on it that floating on it, and i gotta tell you... i love it! Blew the starter first time out. Fixed that, replaced the slave? Solenoid on the block, and yesterday disassembled most of the starboard side of the engine just to replace the fuel filter. Boat runs great, and today had the family out on Kitsap lake in Western WA, moored at the Navy MWR park, did some fishing, let my wife drive a little and just all in all had some great family time together. exactly what I was hoping for!

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: Loving it so far!

And it gets better. You eventually go newer, bigger, or both! When the kids get old enough, let them drive around a bit. You'll pass on the love to them without even trying. Aside from that, it's still a great way to spend the day with the family.

jmoore73

Seaman Apprentice

So did I mention that I also got my bilge pump working after fixing the wiring set up? Also got the horn (SPD) fixed and put on a trim tab on the drive to correct the steering pull? This is awesome! Going out tomorrow on kitsap lake to check everything out and catch a fish....maybe!

Summer Fun

Banned

Congrats & Enjoy !!. :). But this thread is unless without pics !!. :D

jmoore73

Seaman Apprentice

Well "The Fantastic four" is a little camera shy as she is not the prettiest girl in class right now. But she's been hittin' the spa and working out a little. I'll defintely get some before and after pics when I get ready to paint her out...

Summer Fun

Banned

Now that's a funny reply.
lol-045.gif

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Doesn't have to be the prettiest girl at the dance...she just has to dance.