Love my new SmartTabs

Varago

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gave myself a set of SmartTabs for Xmas, installed them 2 weeks ago, made it to the river yesterday and WOW.

My BlueWater vision would come out of the water OK if trimed in but with any trim the bow was up high. Now with the SmartTabs at the middle setting(a bit to much) I can come out of the water with full trim* with only 1.5 to 2 ft of bow rise. With 50% trim its less then a foot and with min trim about 6" of rise.

Wander was about 50% less but still there.

Min plaining speed was a bit better about 17-18mph

Top speed was down a bit, I think its bacause of a bit to much pressure on the SmartTabs, will move it in one hole and try again this weekend.

Overall very very pleased with them. I would think at least 10 times the bang for the buck as SS prop. Live and learn, new prop or SmartTabs, its a no brainer now that I have a set.

Dave Lee

IMG_6232_edited-1.jpg

IMG_6233_edited-1.jpg

* by full trim, I mean as high as I can trim for max speed.
** was using the HighFive 21"

nlain

Commander
Re: Love my new SmartTabs

When you get them fine tuned you will get at least the same top speed and could gain 2 to 4 mph on top end, I know with mine I also noticed my cruising speed loaded came back to where it was with just me in the boat, I also make a set run from home to the beach and am saving 1 to 2 gallons of gas on the run which is a little over an hour each way. I will agree that they are well worth the investment and do everything advertised at least for me.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Varago you boat is beautiful what was the cost of those tabs and does anyone think they will enhance my 17' w/ 3.0 LX's performance ?

Edko

Petty Officer 1st Class

My stern looks very similar to yours with the swim platform. Had to install mine a full 10 inches in. Glad yours worked out well as I haven't gotten my boat in yet and was worried they would be too far inside.

Boat looks great!

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I was looking into getting smart tabs for my boat, has anyone heard how they work on a 24 ft boat? it is about 3500 lbs. The cost goes up quite a bit after 21 feet. Just wondering is anyone has tried them. Thanks.

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Boat1010;

What is the engine?

Moody Blue

Captain

"Nauticus, has a special deal for iboats, they are selling Blemished Tabs, for $100 per set, these just have little blemishes on the finished surface."

Hey, is that price for Canadians as well :D? In Canadian dollars ;)?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Now that you have the tabs to control any propoising, shift some weight aft. This may help with the top speed.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Nice looking install too...:D

I had them on my 19 ft boat before i sold it. Loved them!

Still have not bought a set for my 21 footer but with trim in i have very little bow rise.
Still may add a set in the future..;)

Varago

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank you for your comments :)

Dave