lost spark

mr roach

Seaman
i had a fuel problem on a early 70's merc 115 6 cyl. and it turned out to be a plastic bag that was left in the intake. When i removed the carbs i disconnected the battery before i removed any wires. I removed the plate that is in front of the carbs so access to the carbs would be easier i wrote down what wire went where to make sure they ended up in the right spot and confirmed the locations are correct by comparing them to my buddies merc 115 as it is the same as mine. When i tried to start it up after re-installing the carbs it would not start i checked and found i have lost my spark. I checked to make sure the connections are correct and that all my connections are clean and solid so i am wondering what i overlooked or have done wrong. If anyone has a suggestion please send it on over Thank You

mr roach

Seaman
Re: lost spark

i don't know why but i can't log on to create a new post can any one help i have input my user name and password and it says i'm logged in but won't let me create a new post any ideas why ? I have not recieved any notice of violating any rules so i'm at a loss and would like to post a question let me know what i need to do thanks

usskydvr

Chief Petty Officer

Don't know about being able to create a new post. What is your motor serial #? When you are cranking, do you have 12v on both the Red and White wires on the switchbox?

mr roach

Seaman

hello skydvr yes i have 12 volts at the switchbox on the red wire all the time and at the white wire w/ the switched in