Lost my best friend

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi People, A long story short.<br />I meet this beautiful lady a year ago and we hit it off great. We Have so much in common and could talk about anything with each other.We fell in love and were best friends, we talked about getting married and spending the rest of our lifes together.we were made for each other.<br />I messed things up and hadnt talked to much with her the last couple of months.<br />Even though she wanted me back, i stayed away and gave her here space.<br />My mind was messed up and i messed with hers, we both ended up in counciling alone.<br />I finally told my therapist the thruth about how i feel about her and he told me to get back with her before its too late.<br />Well i called her and told her how i feel and i want to be with her for the rest of my life.<br />she tells me shes been seeing another guy for a few weeks now and is happy with her life.<br />I know she still loves me, but she doesnt want to get hurt again.<br />i know i messed up and would do anything for her.<br />i think the world of her.<br />What should someone do, I'm thinking of leaving her alone and maybe she will somehow realize we are meant to be together forever.<br />It really hurts inside and i want to talk with her every minute of each day.<br />any advice is appreciated. THank

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Lost my best friend

Thats a real difficult position you've got yourself into.<br /> <br />Unfortunatly for you, she has moved on with her life, and you need to do the same. Do not dwell on something that is gone.<br /><br />It will hurt, you are grieving, that will pass.<br /><br />But if you keep hopeing for something that will probably never happen, you will never get past it.<br /><br />You may not like this answer, I am sorry for that.<br />But for your own good, move on. <br /><br />Your therapist had no way of knowing she had moved on, so his advice is steering you in the wrong direction. Go back and see him if you must, explain that she has moved on, and I think you will find he will tell you to do the same. Maybe he can help the healing process. <br />But if he tells you to keep hopeing that she will come back to you, find a new therapist.<br /><br />I sincearly hope you get through this.

PW2

Commander

Ditto to what lark says. Time to move on.<br /><br />Absense makes the heart grow fonder, and knowing that you can't have something often makes it more desirable.<br /><br />It may be that there was something there that kept you from committing to her in the first place, and it is hard to see what that specific thing was, or that you might have issues that make it difficult to commit to anyone.<br /><br />Either way, it is your problem, and not hers. Deal with it for the future or not deal with it-it is up to you--but leave her out of it and move on.

Laddies

Banned

If you turn a bird loose and it comes back, it's yours, if it don't it never was. Best of Luck

rwise

Captain

whatever you do, don't call her every day and bug her. maybe write her a letter and apologize to her, she may read it, she may not. now is the time to let her have her space. good luck! be ready for her to not come back, welcome her if she does.

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

buy a bigger boat ,or better yet a nice lookin trailer queen.. then drive around her neborhood ,and try standing on a street corner you know she will drive by in the morning ,stand there in a tight pair of spandex with no shirt showing it all off.......... :rolleyes: [little humor]

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Laddies said it all. Move on with your life and look for someone else. Don't wait forever as time move forward without waiting for you. Like the saying "there are a lot of fishes in the ocean." Good Luck!

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Before you do move on, make sure you've made it clear to her ONE TIME how you really feel, but only if you can honestly tell her she's the one you want and that you can't go on until she knows that.<br /><br />Sometimes you have to move on...but if you don't tell her before you do, you'll regret it for a long, long time.<br /><br />Once you've told her, then let her be.

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you all for the excellent advice.<br />I will use all of this advice except bigbad4cyl, <br />you did make me laugh bigbad,it is funny.<br />I will post a reply and let everyone know someday<br />the outcome, good or bad.<br /> Thank again