Lost another one

Kenneth Brown

Captain
A freind of my brothers came home from Iraq yesterday in a coffin. The intial reports say he was killed by sniper fire. I have been thinking alot about the war business for a while now and this just made it harder for me to support. I was born in Texas, have always lived in Texas, and I will die here also. I believe in a good butt kicking when neccasary. I guess it just hits too close to home when it does hit close to home. Sorry if this doesn't make since, just had to get it out, its screwing with my mind way too much.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Lost another one

Yes KB, it is hard at times to try to understand why.<br />You really have to sit and think about this war to understand why and sometimes that is difficult also.<br /><br />What really gets me going is there are a lot of young men and women there and a lot that has lost their lives doing what they think is right and then all this big play up on Jessica Lynch.<br /><br />What about all of them that payed the ultimate price? Where's the big movies about them? There are'nt any. Just riles me to no end about this.<br />Sorry for the rant.<br /><br />Sorry for your loss. :(

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry to hear about your loss and SBN your rant is mine too. <br />Bassy

bubbakat

Captain

The loss of a life is never acceptable weather in war or auto accident. When death becomes the norm you will need some help from the man above.<br /> I know the feeling kenneth it makes you feel helpless.<br />If they would let me I would trade places with those younger guys and gals because I have lived my life.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

KB,<br /><br />My sympathies to you and your friends family. We here in Janesville lost a native son as well in the past week.<br /><br />I have to agree, it is all easy until it hits close to home and the heart.

FLATHEAD

Captain

My whole opinion of this war is starting to change. It seems we are just bogged down now. I know the media loves to just show the bad stuff, but are we ever going to make a REAL difference there? I have no doupt that some of those scum that were draging bodies through the streets, were some of the same that were beating on the statue of Sadam when it fell. These people live to HATE!! Its the way of life for them. They grasp any opportunity to hate and relish in it. Maybe, just maybe we should get out and let them have the hateful life they so dearly want. When you look at the big picture, how many people in Iraq really want change. I dont think they will ever be able to live without hate, nor do I think they want to.

tylerin

Commander

Deepest sympathy to you and your friends family Ken, I'm sorry

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Here too has been some soldiers returning the same way. It is sad, very sad. <br /><br />I too as some of you know have been supporting the war. However my thoughts have been getting real heavy on this matter.<br /><br />The war on relegion in the middle east has been going on for thousands of years. I just don't think things will ever change.<br /><br />I am thinking maybe we go ahead and pull out, and force them to get their own contol of their own government. After all that is what they want, not what we want them to have. I think if we were in the same situation, we would think that way to.<br /><br />We have given them the opportunity to get control now that Saddam is out of there. That was our objective, and it has been accomplished. Now it is time to start pulling out and let the Iraquis figure out what to do.<br /><br />Just a note, since the first of the year there has been over 180 deaths resulting from auto accidents in the state of Ohio. Add those of the other 49 states and you will see that the loss of life from the war does not even compare to the loss of life that is going on in our own country. These deaths are due to mostly operator error in their driving. Preventable! Drive safely people.<br /><br />This family will continue to pray for those soldiers and families that are involved with the fight for Iraqs freedom.