Loss of top end 5.7 ltr 2bbl

HeadnSouth

Seaman
I recently did a tune up on my 98 2brl 5.7 ltr Merc w/ IV thunderbolt ign. Plugs, cap, rotor, wires and a carb kit. <br /><br />The boat idles rough and has lost approx. 1500 or 10 mph rpm on the top end with a load. <br /><br />I've checked the timing and it varys 4+- degrees at idle, its been adjusted and readjusted but I still have no TE. <br />The sensor in the dist cap was replaced still NG.<br /><br />Someone mentioned carb adjustments and the thing is when I did the carb kit the wrong kit (5.0 not 5.7) was sent but I did not figure that out until I made adjustments. DOH! And I haven't been able to get the correct ones yet. Sierra was no help. :( <br />Carb # 8612458103<br /><br />I'm not sure where to look next until I can verify the carb settings.<br />I've looked around and found some merc manuals but #24 cannot be found to check my settings.<br />Anybody have a working link?<br />Thx

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Loss of top end 5.7 ltr 2bbl

Howdy headnsouth.<br /><br />Your Mercruiser is not an outboard, so I will move this to the Mercruiser forum.<br /><br />Good luck. :)