Losing Power

Russler

Recruit
Motor runs great for about 500 yards then I lose power, I let idle than throtle it up again and I have full power again for about 500 yards again, over and over. It is a Mariner 115hp outboard motor. (1994)<br /><br /> Thanx :eek:

outboard tech

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Losing Power

When you start to lose power, push your key in (prime the motor), if it "picks up" you likely have a fuel delivery problem. Fuel pump diaphragm, air leak in fuel hose from tank to motor or on motor. If it "falls down" when you push in the key, it doesn't want any more fuel. Be aware you're flooding the motor with procedure, and it can make it very hard to resart, don't hold the key in too long.

DHPMARINE

Captain

Try again,with someone pumping the primer bulb.If better try a new fuel pump.<br />DHP

Laddies

Banned

sounds like a pluged filter your running then fuel out of the carb. bowls the engine loses power as it idles it doesnt burn as much fuel a refills them till you run the engine back up and it starts the whole thing over again, it also could be the anti siphon valve in your fuel tank if you have a built in tank

Russler

Recruit

Thanx to all the replys, but could it ba a breakdown of spark plug wires? Just wondering :)->

Clams Canino

Commander

Run it in the dark and look for sparkles. But that's not your problem.<br /><br />-W