Looking to buy new boat...........

GUMBY

Cadet
I've got a friend looking to buy a new 2001-2002 powerboat by sometime before next summer!!! He wants to use it for Skiing/Speed and to fit about eight people, not sure on what size or price range yet!!!<br /><br />ANY SUGGESTIONS???<br />Thanks in advance,<br />GUMBY<br /><br />PS. My e-mail address is: <br />gumby-hacker2001@yahoo.com<br /><br />------------------<br />BOB OTTAVIANO<br />GUMBY<br />408-499-1421 CELL PHONE

foosballpaul

Cadet
Re: Looking to buy new boat...........

Is your friend going to use the boat mostly on the inland waterways or ocean; assuming your friend is also in California. There a about a bazillion different makes, styles, colors, and different power rated boats. Take your friend to several marinas and dealers in your area, ask the people at the marinas about their boats. This will give him a good idea about the style boat he may be looking for and user satisfaction. About the 8 people aboard. I have a 24 ft Mako with twin 115 o/bs and you couldn't pay me enough money to put 8 people on board at once. Just can't stand being around that many people at once, that's why I own boats. Good luck and happy boating.

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Amen, foosballpaul!!!<br /><br />Better be babes... or as I call 'em "Boat Ornaments", let 'em sit in the front... so I can watch while cruising the river...LOL

GUMBY

Cadet

Yes, he'll be using mostly on inland waterways, and yes he's from CA. also.<br />Advice taken, will let him know!<br />I feel the same way I can't stand more than four people at a time, but prefer only two, considering it's only 17ft.<br /><br />I'll go for the "BOAT ORNAMENTS" ALSO!!!!<br /><br />Thanks

TONY H

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If he is using it for skiing and play, I would suggest a bowrider type boat. They hold a good number of people and they leave room to carry skis and diving tanks.<br /><br />Personnaly I do that kind of boating but I am very happy with a center console. The seating is a bit light for the Ornaments.

GUMBY

Cadet

I hear that!, now a bowrider is like a Mastercrat, Sanger, Moomba or Centurion type?, correct!?<br /><br />Also, are Moombas good, I know they're real nice looking but engine and motor wise!!!<br /><br />Am I correct in assuming that most of the guys on this board are outboard types?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />GUMBY
smile.gif