Looking for titl N trim what will fit?

vegard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi,<br />I have a 1974 Johnson 85 hp, and I d like to get tilt and trim for it. What models can I pull one off of for a direct fit? Thanks

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Looking for titl N trim what will fit?

Vegard....Rosco is right about going thru i-boats for the CMC tilt and trim unit. It is $180.00 less thru i-boats, than the factory list price.<br /><br />I am going to use one on my 18' Grumman aluminum center console boat, come summer. I have an 1988 75 HP Evinrude Stinger, converted a 20" shaft, without T&T. <br /><br />My 18' Campion Cutty Cabin had a late 70's 85 HP without T&T also. But I replaced it with late 80's 100 HP Johnson commerical with T&T, prior to discovering the "i-boats" site. <br /><br />I think it will money very well spent.<br /><br /> ...Bob in Calif...<br />(without afiliation to iboats, other than membership)

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral

Another option is to buy one of those handles that assist with manually tilting the motor. I had one for a '70 85hp, and it worked OK -- about $30, I think. The idea is to increase the leverage needed to lift that heavy lower unit.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The T&T is really a nessity for triming out the boat while under way. My cutty, with the 100 HP commerical engine, preforms a 1000% better than the 85 HP with out T&T. Not so much as the extra HP, but it comes out of the hole like a dragster and planes in nothing flat. I then trim it out and enjoy an increase in speed and fuel economy. With the T&T I am able to re-trim it after some fuel is burnt off, the beverages are gone and the ice in the coolers melt and is disposed of. :D <br /><br />I have one of those "Tilters", which was great for raising the old 85 HP, but there is nothing like tilt and trim.<br /><br /> ...Bob in Calif...