Looking for side window brackets for Capri

FreeBayliner4Us

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys,

I have an 88 17' Capri and last weekend at the lake I hit a big wake way too hard and the side window brackets broke. Luckily the window fell in to the boat so I didn't loose it.

I hit hard enough that it shattered the drivers side windshield and broke the passenger side console loose. The walk-through was open which in hindsight may have been a bad idea. The base of the driverside winshield ripped the screw holding it out of the helm so the frame came loose.

I have cut a piece of plexiglass for a replacement but I don't know where to get the side window brackets??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! And yes, I will slow down next time.:rolleyes:

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Looking for side window brackets for Capri

Ouch! :eek:

Are you talking about the plastic bracket between the two side windows? Boomerman is right: eBay is probably your best bet unless there is a marine salvage yard near you. But be prepared for sticker shock. Most people selling window parts want to sell more than just the brackets and the window parts go for big bucks. Maybe you can find someone parting out a similar boat on Craigslist.

BYW, in your post you say the boat is an '88 but your signature says '87. I know there is little or no difference between the '88 and '89 model years, but I'm not sure about the '87.

I see them listed on Ebay from time to time.
Something like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/bayl...7394357QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Nothing that looks like that on my boat.