looking for good used wakeboard boat

ophunk

Recruit
i'm looking around for a good used wakeboarding boat and see a lot of 2000 centuians for a decent price. anyone know anything about them or maby another wakeboardin boat in the 12000 to $16000 range

the k-man

Cadet
Re: looking for good used wakeboard boat

I am kind of a fan boy for nautiques so thats my vote, they have been around for years. My friend has a 91 sport nautique with 1000 hours and its still going strong.

As far as a boat model, you can easily find a real nice Sport Nautique (93-97). Those are the best years for two main reasons.

1. the hull is the same hull used on 1999ish to 2004ish Super Air 210 Nautiques, which seem to be a very popular for the wake it makes.

- the hull seems to make a perfect wake that just maintains its shape and crisp-ness while getting bigger and bigger with more weight.

2. starting in 93 all correct craft boats, not just sport nautiques got rid of any wood in the construction, so you dont need to worry about replacing stringers, or a rotted floor.

The Negatives of the Sport Nautique is its a direct drive and not a v-drive. So the negative is there is an engine in the middle of the boat, but the positive, it should handle much better than any v-drive.

I am not sure you can quite get a v drive in that range if you want the open foor space they provide. I know Super Air Nautiques from 2000 can be found for 20k but it is a waiting game for that price. Other brands i dont really know.