Looking for exploded view Evinrude 48 SPL

wildgans

Recruit
Folks,<br /><br />I lost my thrust washer, didn't know it, and ran a new prop without it. It chewed up my lower units some, removed some metal, and did the same on the prop. I put on a new washer (it's a 94 Evinrude 48 SPL), and now it feels like I'm getting bad cavitation. <br /><br />I was afraid I had stripped my prop, but I've tried it with three different ones. With the two high torque props I get cavitation (or disconnect from somewhere) at about 7 mph, and can go no faster. With the other prop, with too much pitch, I get cavitation from about 6 mph about 13 mph, then pretty good lock up. My top speed is down about 5 mph, so I may still be getting some. <br /><br />I think I'm getting exhaust gas around my blades. I priced a new empty gear case, and it's out of the question. So now I'm looking for an exploded view to see if there are some parts that can be replaced (it looks like it, but I'm not sure).<br /><br />ANother option is to build up the missing metal with Marine Tex.<br /><br />Help!<br /><br />Thanks,<br />David

wildgans

Recruit
Re: Looking for exploded view Evinrude 48 SPL

revertmastec,<br /><br />Thanks for the lead. They don't seem to handle Evinrude at all.<br /><br />There HAS to be an exploded view somewhere!<br /><br />David

wildgans

Recruit

Hmmmm, <br /><br />If I can't find it on the internet, what manual should I buy to get a good view? Are the generic manuals like Evinrude Repairs for all Engines 1 hp to 500 hp 1923-2002, or should I purchase the specific Evinrude manual?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />David

daveixoye

Recruit

Hello David...I'm now having the same problem. My 48 spl is chewing up thrust washers...I'm figuring that they're heating up...maybe the water flow is shut off...did you locate and fix your problem or just give up?
Thanks
Dave

emoney

Commander

Dave, you know this is a 9 year old thead, eh? MIght wanna start a whole new one, but Daviet is the guy, so at least the got the right man paying attention. Mods are getting a little upset at all the "old" threads being drug up.....just sayin'. Welcome to iboats, btw.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

I gotta start paying more attention to the dates on these things.