looking for a impeller

d becker

Recruit
hey everyone, i have a 30 hp or should i say a 500cc bundy motor which was made in italy the motor starts with one pull but my impeller has seen its day just wondering if anyone knows of or can put me in contact with either a parts distributor or maybe a machine shop to find or even make one out of stainless any and all help would be greatly appreciated thank you:D

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: looking for a impeller

Is it a typical neoprene rubber impeller with a metal core? If so, it seems like I remember someone who is over at www.aomci.org who manufactures a bunch of different impellers. If I remember correctly, he says he can make one, if he has the old one in hand and it has a good core.

Trouble is, I cannot remember who it was. If you go there and ask in the Ask A Member section, I'm sure someone there will know who it is.

Aside from a custom made one, I doubt you'll be able to ever find an impeller for that outboard, which was made only in the early 1960s. Few were imported here, and the company was bagged by the Volvo Penta folks, who simply stopped making those outboards, in favor of their own.

However...there was a Volvo Penta 500cc outboard, which may well have been a Swedish-made version of your Bundy. Even for that, though, parts are scarce.

I'm guessing your best bet is going to be having one fabbed up for you by the guy I mentioned.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant
Re: looking for a impeller

Hello d becker, check your Private Messages. You have mail.

image010.jpg