looking at buying a 1994 Stingray 609. Is it a good boat?

file5

Cadet
I am looking at buying a 1994 Stingray 609 and have not been able to find anything online about the boat. Is this a good boat? How would it be in Longisland sound with swells. What speed can this boat handle as bar as swells without pounding the water. It comes with a 4.3 motor. Is that enough power to pull a tube or wakeboard or will I be dranging through the water. Is stingray a cheap boat like a bayliner. I have had a fourwinns in the pass, how would it compare to forwinns?
Thanks Mark

Last edited:

file5

Cadet
Re: 1994 Stingray 609 "please help with information before I buy!!!

Re: 1994 Stingray 609 "please help with information before I buy!!!

I am looking at buying a 1994 Stingray 609 and have not been able to find anything online about the boat. Is this a good boat? How would it be in 1 to 2 foot swells and at what speed will it handle it. It comes with a 4.3 motor. Is that enough power to pull a tube or wakeboard. Is stingray a cheap boat like a bayliner. I have had a fourwinns in the pass, how would it compare to forwinns?
Thanks Mark

stnemason

Recruit
Re: looking at buying a 1994 Stingray 609. Is it a good boat?

Yes! Have a '93 609zp and love it. Plenty of power for tubing/skiing and big enough for the swells.

metalman1

Recruit

I have a 94 stingray 609, and it is a very popular boat and better built than bayliners. It has plenty of power for all your watersports and cruzies nicley at about 50 mph with a full load. Mine is in mint condition and I paid 6000 for it and I belive its well worth it. I hope I was some help to you.

Pat

redneck_remedy

Recruit

Its a bit late, but for anyone else in the future. Stingrays are terrific boats, I own a 1994 608 and love it. its fast, it rides like its one rails and is solid build. I have the 4.3lx and was able to do 54 mph, unitil i put a high performance 4.3 in and can now to over 65 mph. My only complaint is that when the water gets choppy, it can get a little rough as these boats don't have a real deep V hull. I am going to add some smart tabs on soon to resolve that issue. Overall, Excellent boat for the price.