Looking around for sub's for me boat...

twofourdee

Seaman Apprentice
Hello, I have a 89 Four Winns 205 sundowner cuddy im looking around for probably acouple subs to throw in er... Just curious what a good powered sub is out there for a good price that will give out good bass when wanted.. Was looking at these http://www.rocktheboataudio.com/html/53880.html and think they would probably fit nice under the seats does anyone have any experience with these and how they are with bass?? Open to suggestions.. Thanks

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Looking around for sub's for me boat...

Not too many people know of Fusion, but you can't go wrong with that brand.

I really like the new head units with I-pod integration, but can't see spending the coin on my old boat. Check out this site for a better price.

http://www.anchorexpress.com

twofourdee

Seaman Apprentice

yeah i forgot about fusion i dont see much around i dont know much about fusion products there a good brand i take it.. do you know of any other good powered subs that are a little cheaper but good quality these are a little on the pricey side for me to but i kinda like the design and they look like they would probably fit really nice under my seats...

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class

not off the top of my head for marine use.
I think Kicker has one for under Jeep Wrangler seats.

twofourdee

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the assistence wa_ssv197... And does any one have the Pyle PLMRW8 Marine Woofer? If so how are they with bass??

twofourdee

Seaman Apprentice

looks like a nice little unit.. any one have one of these and how is it with the bass?? i have plenty of time so im not in any rush to bye and i really dont want to get some thing and be disapointed because i want the thing to be able to hit kinda hard because i like my bass just not all the time... maybe ill just say screw it and throw my 15'' eclipse titainium in there with the 1000 watt amp lol i probably would if there were enough room but theres really not and i think that would be a little over kill so i want some thing compact with good bass so im really just kinda lookin for people that have some thing simalar in 8'' or 10'' so i can get some feed back on how well they work and what not so i can better decide what will work best for what i want.. i will also be hooking up dual batterys so let me know what you guys have and how well it sounds/works... i know how set ups sound in cars just no idea what works best in boats :confused:

4JawChuck

Chief Petty Officer

I have four 6.5" long throw coaxial drivers with tweeters in my boat, 2 of them under the forward casting deck are crossed over at 100hz and the tweeters are disabled. They are mounted in the deck of my walleye boat with the active coaxials on top and the bandpassed drivers under the deck facing backwards in the same sealed area.

The size of the sealed area is almost exactly the right size for a sealed enclosure so you would swear there is a set of 12" subs on the boat somewhere. Everyone who rides with me looks for the subs that aren't there. I really like the setup and it sounds great especially when your up front trolling since your sitting on the enclosure with the coaxials with active tweeters shooting right into your face.

I use a Sirius Stilleto II head unit and just rotate it to face forward and use the remote to change music or channels. The only problem is the amps use as much power as my trolling motor so it sometimes becomes a choice between trolling or music and anchor. Usually the fish win out and I only use the stereo when we are cruising to the fishin spot, don't like spooking the fish anyway.

twofourdee

Seaman Apprentice

yeah maybe ill start by hooking up one of my little amps to the 4 think 5 1/2's that are in there and see how much more uuumph that gives them dont remember what they are but they are newer and not marine grade maybe it will surprise me.. im takeing my boat in to get a new motor put in and a full detail done on monday so ill probably give it a shot in acouple weeks..