Look at Pic, need advice on nav lights

skip4926

Seaman Apprentice
The current bow nav lights are not legal. The rail at the deck is too high approx 1" off deck. All the flush mount lights I see are too low profile to work properly. Any Ideas??

nav light.jpg

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Look at Pic, need advice on nav lights

Most pontoons have separate nav lights for port & starboard. One is mounted on each corner.

GaryO

Seaman Apprentice

Hi Skip;

I've never seen one in the center like that before. First I think I'd get rid of these low corner rails before someone trips over them and breaks a leg and then go with the corner nav lights.

BatDaddy1887

Chief Petty Officer

These work very well (see photo). I saw them for sale last week at Walmart.

Attachments

• 100_2479a.jpg
    100_2479a.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 0

takirb

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've got those walmart ones on my pontoon. Slammed one into a dock and only had to replace the bulb ;)

skip4926

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks, I think I will remove the lowrails. The light in the middle was there when I bought it used.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

First I think I'd get rid of these low corner rails before someone trips over them and breaks a leg and then go with the corner nav lights.
+1....I got rid of my front rail, its not keeping anything or anyone on board and is more of a trip/fall hazard

you can but the separate port-starboard lights and mount them back against the skirting, not sure if its illegal to mount there, but sure keeps them from getting snapped off at a high dock, I have mine mounted there next to some marine fog lamps
looks a lot neater too :D