Logic boats...opinions

Bobby Powell

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My fater in law is looking for a new center comsole 17 - 19'. he saw a logic boat, kinda liked it but concerned about durability. I was wondering if anyone on this board has any experience with this manufacture? Likes and dislikes?<br /><br />Thanks-<br />Bobby Powell

Jacques321

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Logic boats...opinions

A local boat dealer sells them here and he says Logic boats are very good boats. <br /><br />The last last thing you need to worry about is durabilty of this boat. The hull is extremely tough. It's made of roto-molding marine-grade polyethylene. And they claim the materials are lighter than fibreglass.<br /><br />Go here for more info:<br /> http://www.logicboats.com/roplene.html

rogerwa

Commander

I have no direct experience with these boats but I have read several discussions about them. The synopsis is that the hull is virtually indestructable and that there have been significant issues with fit and finish and final rigging.<br /><br />I do believe they are no longer called Logic they now go by the name Triumph..<br /><br />You can probably dig up some discussion by searching this site for Logic. You will definitely find heated discussion by searching boatered.com.

chumbucket

Petty Officer 1st Class

bobby powell please email me @gfe2870886@aol.com

MIKE F

Petty Officer 1st Class

I saw the new Triumph/Logic boats at the Fort Lauderdale boat show today. I talked at length to a fellow who works at the plant.He was telling me about all they have spent on re-engineering, molds etc.We were standing beside a 21' which IMHO looked like crap.<br />The transom all across the bottom was wavy. I mean reallllly wavy.He said that was a result of the cooling process. I don't think they have their controlled environment controlled yet.I don't see why the bottom couldn't have come out looking like that. I didn't bother to check.He did say you wouldn't have any stress cracks in a few years, and you can see what you're getting ,which to me didn't look that good.<br /> :(

Bobby Powell

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for all the replies...he is looking towards the sea hunt and Sea pro lines. He went to a logic (Triumph) dealer and did not like the fit and finish of the boat.<br /><br />Bobby Powell