Local News - Not enough Money being Donated

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer
Watching some local news and could you believe they are complaining about not enough money being donated.. Gee da.. We are all tapped out. I gave what I had when Katrina hit.. Save the children are complaining too.. X-mas is looking really good, I wonder how all the pan handlers are doing this time of year, now that there is competition..<br />It is strange how I haven't seen one bum begging in front of wal-mart interance in town sence the hurricanes hit..<br />Instead of showing pictures of our country's children needs they show pictures of children in africa, etc. Kind of bad timing on the media part... Considering most americans are stressed out and tapped out.. I think it is getting to the point that people are starting to shut down to donating.. I over heard somethings at the store today. That some non-profit organizations only have to prove that they spend only 2% (not 20%)of all moneys they take in.. That just can't be right.. Has any body ever heard of such a thing?..

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: Local News - Not enough Money being Donated

BD,<br />In the military, we have two big fundraiser drives a year. CFC (Combined Federal Campaign) and the AFAS (Air Force Aid Society). In the CFC one, we can choose which charity we wish to donate to. They also list what percentage of your donation is used for overhead (paying CEO types, rent, that kind of thing) Some were over 50%, some were as low as 0%. I gave to one that was 0%<br />AFAS is strictly for Air Force personnel. Sort of like giving a donation to your family. I always give generously to that one. They do A LOT to help AF members in times of need.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Realgun

Commander

I gave blood and a few dollars but after the congress decided to give my money away I will not donate anymore. 200 billion and they want more?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

The boyscouts are still an outstanding place to donate money to.

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

I hate to say morning :D and she knows a little about the donating thing.. I told her what I heard about the 2% thing and she told me that is about right, that is the only thing they have to prove to our lovely state government.. I think I'm going to start a non-profit charity for people who want boats. :D ;) You think I will get people to donate.. :D NOT<br />I am sure this isn't true for all organizations, but just a small number.. I would feel better if I donate to something or to someone I could actually be able to do it in person..<br />I do some stuff with a couple of local groups in town and we gather presents and donate them to Toys for Tots.. Our club is reconized in the local paper every year.. <br />If I told you guys what I do for a hobby you'll probally be LOL at me.. ;) So I'll keep you guessing..<br />Thanks<br />But it you ever need a antigue doll repaired or appraised look me up..

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

can you weld a 1.5" extension on my kohler lawnmower muffler. I put this engine on another frame and the muffler is in the way...need to extend it! :D

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

K......K...<br /><br />Rather than weld that thing, why don't you get a 2" nipple and a double ended female connector. They, as the muffler pipe, have the same pipe threads. That would be a lot easier.<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

But a 2" nipple and a doubled ended female connector, how does male connection pipe get off.<br /><br />I hope this was joke between the guys.. <br />If not scratch what I said...

Homerr

Commander

After all the charity scams being uncovered... I don't donate.<br /><br />My tax money is donation enough. I donate that every paycheck.<br /><br />Do something right with the money instead of something completely STUPID like rebuild New Orleans in the same spot.<br /><br />'Nuff said.<br /><br />H.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by BD - tub toy:<br /> But a 2" nipple and a doubled ended female connector, how does male connection pipe get off?
Don't worry, the male connection will sit back w/a beer and watch. ;) ;) ;)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

K......K...<br /><br />Rather than weld that thing, why don't you get a 2" nipple and a double ended female connector. They, as the muffler pipe, have the same pipe threads. That would be a lot easier.<br /><br />...Bob in Calif... <br /> But a 2" nipple and a doubled ended female connector, how does male connection pipe get off.
BD-tt<br />Clearly a 2' nipple, doubled ended female connector is capable of mating with two male connecters at the same time ;) ;) ......problem solved. :D :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Ya know, I always wondered, how do you explain to a child why its called the female end, and the male end.<br /><br />Kinda weird how we incorporated sexual body parts into plumbing. :D <br /><br />Ken

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

You should try to explain that when your asking for auto parts at a shop that require male or female linkage.. I am telling you being a female it just doesn't sound right..