LMBV - ummmm

67MIke

Seaman Apprentice
I was re-reading some bassmasters mags the other day and saw a little article on the bass virus that seems to strike different areas. Later,I was out fishing in the pond and noticed a fish I caught had a raw tumor looking spot on it. Raw and bloody looking.Pretty nasty looking. It didn't seem sick and pulled strong. I noticed the that since then I have caught 3 more fish with the same kind of spots. I had a picture but my computer ate it. <br /> Does any one know much about this, it seems it is still kind of an unknown problem. Also does any one have a pic of it- thanks mike

gonfishn

Commander
Re: LMBV - ummmm

When I go to St. Clair to Musky fish the Gators on the American side have what they call the "pox".<br />Sores all over,yet on the Canadian side none..Have been told the pollutants in the water are causing all types of fins to have sores onem..<br /><br />Afraid we are the last generation that will be able to enjoy and eat the fish we catch...What a shame..

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

terrorist plot to ruin the economy and environment.<br />west nile virus too.

saumon

Lieutenant

When I go to St. Clair to Musky fish the Gators on the American side have what they call the "pox".<br />Sores all over,yet on the Canadian side none..Have been told the pollutants in the water are causing all types of fins to have sores onem..<br /><br />Afraid we are the last generation that will be able to enjoy and eat the fish we catch...What a shame..
I'm a bit confused about your post...hope you don't eat muskies.. :D

gonfishn

Commander

oh h.... no saumon..I wont even fish with those who have partaked of the gator..Had one in my baot last year and the gator curse has follwed me around since :D <br /><br />I have been known to have a Cleansing ritual everytime i catch them pooter Bass :eek:

KCLOST

Commander

Most bass infected with LMBV will appear completely normal. In those cases where the virus has triggered disease, however, dying fish will be near the surface and have trouble swimming and remaining upright. That's because LMBV appears to attack the swim bladder, causing bass to lose their balance. Diseased fish might also appear bloated. <br /><br />The occurrence of lesions or black spots is not necessarily a symptom of LMBV. <br /><br />Adult bass of two pounds and more seem to be the most susceptible to disease.