Livewell Problem

ranger1502

Recruit
I have a 97 Ranger sport R82 I seem to get water in my livewells when the boat is not in motion i did notice that one of my cables are broken so i manually turned the livewell cables to Fill but water still seems to be coming in. Does anyone know if you can take the round screens off the back of the boat to look at the flappers?

cwilt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Livewell Problem

there are no flappers, the cable might have broke, but is the valve really closed???? it might not be sealing shut... if boat is out of the water just put a garden hose in the livewell, turn on the water and see where the leak is coming from. the screens just screw off...

pops

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The controls should actually be set on Recirculate (center position) if you are trying to prevent any water from entering the wells.

That said, I have never been successful in preventing some water in the back livewell of my R 70 (I disconnected the hose and pump from the front well and made it into storage).

I just leave the control on Empty and the 2"-3" of water that comes in when I am on the lake will drain out when I pull the boat out of the water.

proanglerwannabe

Seaman Apprentice

I replaced everything in my livewell system. The valves are just that, flappers. I took mine apart and cleaned them out. They were very dirty. My recirc is in a different position than the post above. But recirc is where you need the actuator. Ranger sells a replacement upgrade kit for the livewell system control valves. It comes with the actuators, cables and valves. Very reasonbly priced.