Little Leroy

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Little Leroy came into the kitchen where his mother was making <br />dinner. His birthday was coming up and he thought this was a good time <br />to tell his mother what he wanted. <br /> <br />"Mom, I want a bike for my birthday." <br /> <br />Little Leroy was a bit of a troublemaker. He had gotten into trouble at <br />school and at home. Leroy's mother asked him if he thought he deserved to <br />get a bike for his birthday. Little Leroy, of course, thought he did. <br /> <br />Leroy's mother, being a Christian woman, wanted him to reflect on <br />his behavior over the last year and write a letter to God, and tell him <br />why he deserved a bike for his birthday. Little Leroy stomped up the <br />steps <br />to his room and sat down to write God a letter. <br /> <br />LETTER 1: <br />Dear God: I have been a very good boy this year and I would like a bike <br />for my birthday. I want a red one. <br /> <br />Your friend, <br />Leroy <br /> <br />Leroy knew this wasn't true. He had not been a very good boy this year, <br />so <br />he tore up the letter and started over. <br /> <br />LETTER 2: <br />Dear God: This is your friend Leroy. I have been a pretty good boy this <br />year, And I would like a red bike for my birthday. <br /> <br />Thank you, <br /> Leroy <br /> <br />Leroy knew this wasn't true either. He tore up the letter and started <br />again. <br /> <br />LETTER 3: <br />I have been an OK boy this year and I would really like a red bike for <br />my birthday. <br />Leroy <br /> <br />Leroy knew he could not send this letter to God either, so he wrote <br />another letter. <br /> <br />LETTER 4: <br />Dear God: I know I haven't been a good boy this year. I am very sorry. <br />I will be a good boy if you just send me a red bike for my birthday. <br /> <br />Thank you, <br /> <br />Leroy <br /> <br />Leroy knew, even if it was true, this letter was not going to get him a <br />bike. By now, Leroy was very upset. He went downstairs and told his mother <br />he wanted to go to church. <br /> <br />Leroy's mother thought her plan had worked because Leroy looked very sad. <br />"Just be home in time for dinner," his mother said. <br /> <br />Leroy walked down the street to the church and up to the altar. <br />He looked around to see if anyone was there. He picked up a statue of <br />the Virgin Mary. He slipped it under his shirt and ran out of the <br />church, down the street, into his house, and up to his room. He shut the <br />door to his room and sat down with a piece of paper and a pen. Leroy <br />began to write his letter to God. <br /> <br />LETTER 5: <br /> <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />I GOT YOUR MAMA. IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN, SEND THE BIKE. <br /> <br />Signed, <br />You Know Who!!!