link at top of page.... Volvo sterndrive

KRS

Banned
Anyone else click the link that shows at the top of the page every now and then... the Volvo IPS link?<br /><br />Is is just me or are those drives pointing the wrong way???

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: link at top of page.... Volvo sterndrive

Huh??? Where at? I don't see anything besides the one where it says t-shirts, etc.

D

DJ

They're called "Tractor" drives as opposed to "pusher" drives. In other words, they pull, intead of push. Not a novel idea.<br /><br />All the stern drives we think of today are "pushers".<br /><br />The "tractor" drive has many benefits, including cleaner water with increaesd efficiency.<br />Believe me, those drives are NOT a retrofit, without a serious re-work of the hull.<br /><br />It, basically, is a GREAT idea. I hope it works for Volvo. I see this drive as a major player in the European market, not much here. We're (US) to jaded, in our opinions. Not to mention, many of us operate in shallower areas.

KRS

Banned

It was this banner http://ips.volvo.com/Standard.aspx <br /><br />and you'll see.<br /><br />Tractor drives huh?<br /><br />What is the hole in (what is now) the back of the drive? It is inline with the shaft. Is that for exhaust?

D

DJ

Yes,<br /><br />The hole in the back is for the exhaust. Optional. Some larger units may opt for through hull exhaust.