Lining armeture plate?

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
****Lubing autocorrect got me and it won’t let me change it
Does this need to be done? I cleaned off all the old grease last year and never put any more on. Since the only friction is when I turn the throttle it shouldn’t hurt anything right? I don’t really want to have to take EVERYTHING back apart but I will if I have to. The throttle lever turns ok, not the smoothest but it’s moves pretty free and doesn’t bind or anything. I just don’t want to wear anything out.

Last edited:

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
As an option, get a can of lithium grease and spray some underneath the plate. Rotate a bit and see if there is a difference.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
??----When you remove the magneto plate ( 4 screws to loosen ) you will not disturb the timing in any way whatsoever.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have a suggestion. You always ask if you did something right or wrong AFTER you do it. Why not ask the questions first?

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a suggestion. You always ask if you did something right or wrong AFTER you do it. Why not ask the questions first?

lol you’re right, this stuff pretty much all happened a year ago though so that’s a slight excuse but not really... I’ll work on that

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
??----When you remove the magneto plate ( 4 screws to loosen ) you will not disturb the timing in any way whatsoever.

Yeah I remembered later after I posted it that I’m stupid. Shouldn’t change the point gap either right