Line-X'ing my pontoon or Carpet?

I got a quote to Line-X (its like Rhino lining) my pontoon boats deck. Im know it'll be a super tough long lasting surface and the guys gonna shoot it in Blue. The only problem is that he cant get it done for 2 weeks and i could carpet it tomorrow and be out on the lake next week. Are there huge benefits to carpeting vs Line-X'ing...are their drawbacks to either one vs. the other? The deck is 3/4" marine grade plywood.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Line-X'ing my pontoon or Carpet?

I would go line-x if that's what you like. My dad _hates_ the carpet on his 'toon, and it's white to boot, which looks nice but has obvious problems.

He's an old fart and wants to do something silly like laminate flooring. I just roll my eyes - of course whatever he ends up choosing the slip factor of course will be addressed - he's old, not senile.

And by the way, the Pontoons forum is that way.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

That is just like a vinyl floor and we do those all the time, the only thing I would worry about would be the color, blue is likely to get BLAZING hot in the sun.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Very good point. Dark colored line-x would feel hotter underfoot than dark colored carpet.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wait the 2 weeks and get a very light color.

My local Line-X'er cant get anything much lighter than the blue, but is a lighter blue (not Navy or Royal Blue) without being Baby Blue. Since im in the mid-west, my summer is short and waiting the extra 2 weeks would kill me...no boating for 2 weeks, thats bad, very bad...haha. Anyway, the 2 weeks would be bad enough but i cant mount the railings, add the helm or install the interior until the Line-X'ing is done, thats my biggest problem. As a matter of fact, i was just told by my wife that the guy is now back ordered on the material for 3 weeks...looks i think im going with the carpet for now, i can pull the carpet out this winter, mask around everything and Line-X it while the boat is in storage for the cold season. You gys have been great... "GO iboats.Com" and everybody here in the forums. Sorry if i posted in the wrong area on one of my posts...us new guys screw up a bit till someone straightens us out.