Like catfish?

BWR1953

Admiral
My best blue cat was from a tributary on the lower Potomac river that I caught back in the mid-90s. That big chub weighed 14 pounds. Instead of filleting and frying it like we usually do, we pickled it into a bunch of Mason jars. Absolutely delicious! (y)😋

Black58

Cadet
I really like channel cats. Flatheads are good eating too, but we only keep them 20lb and smaller. Give the big ones away or put them back. Never had a blue cat, even when we lived along the Missouri for a few years.

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
Love my catfish of all kinds. Soak the filets in butter milk, dip them in egg and roll em in seasoned bread crumbs. Fry em up, serve with hush puppies, slaw and cold beer. 🍺

BWR1953

Admiral
Love my catfish of all kinds. Soak the filets in butter milk, dip them in egg and roll em in seasoned bread crumbs. Fry em up, serve with hush puppies, slaw and cold beer. 🍺
What's weird is back when I fished the Upper Potomac along the MD/WV line, the channel cats tasted absolutely terrible. All the other fish we harvested from the same water tasted great. 🤷‍♂️

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
What's weird is back when I fished the Upper Potomac along the MD/WV line, the channel cats tasted absolutely terrible. All the other fish we harvested from the same water tasted great. 🤷‍♂️
A lot of catfish have a dirt or kind of mud taste. Soaking them in milk or butter milk mitigates that