FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Definitely a do-it-yourself project for the trailer. Most automotive and marine stores offer a kit that includes everything you need, plus instructions. Good luck<br /><br />JB
Here is an idea I came up with. I made some light mounts with 1" PVC and notched the bottom to fit into my rear fishing rod holders. I run the harness the length of the boat to the tow vehicle. I just pull them out and put them in the truck before dunking the trailer in the brine to off load the boat.<br />I got tired of we doing the lights every year due to saltwater corrosion. Good luck.
Good idea. I don't know if the local law enforcement would take a disliking to the lights not being on the trailer, but I guess I could modify your idea to work with it as well.
As far as wiring for your truck, HOPPY makes a connection splice that goes in the harness behind the rear bumper. Its a tee setup that has factory connections that fit your truck and a 4 way connector and harness to hook up to your trailer. Takes about 15 minutes or less to hook up.<br />good luck