Lightning kills boater

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
QUITMAN - A 52-year-old Carrollton man was struck by lightning Saturday while fishing on an East Texas lake and died instantly, a state game warden said.<br /> <br />Peter Michael Dimercurio and another man were in a 20-foot bass boat in the middle of Lake Fork shortly before 9:30 a.m. when a storm began rolling in. Lightning struck the boat before the fishermen were able to return to shore, Warden Ronny Ward said.<br /><br />Dimercurio was killed. The other man was uninjured.<br /><br />Quitman is about 90 miles east of Dallas.

cart7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Lightning kills boater

I saw this on a Texas bass fishing forum. The survivor gave a first hand account. The pair were fishing Lake Fork east of Dallas. The storm came up fast. Apparently it was one of those bolts from the blue. The guy hit went into the water, his buddy was knocked sensless and when he got his wits about him and got him back into the boat it was too late for his friend.<br /><br />Sad.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Thats the news that we hope never happens again. Real Sad.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anyone know if the death from drowning, or from the electricity?

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Very sad news indeed, what a terrible thing to happen to a fellow boater and fisherman from my town, i did not know the man, but my heart goes out to his family:(

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very sad and very unfortunate, prayers for the family. A strong illustration on how dangerous lightning is. This happened when an unorganized storm system moved through here, Grove City is on the other side of Columbus: <br /><br /> http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/12022278.htm <br /><br />Please, be informed about weather events before you hit the water, golf course or anything else outside.