Life with a dog, priceless.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Golden retriever decided to roll in fish. I know I am not the only one to experience this lovely smell.<br /><br />Any good ideas home spun ideas on removing the smell? The shampoo does a good 80-85% job. Unfortunately, this happened up north and supplies were limited so the smell took a vacation with us... :p

tylerin

Commander
Re: Life with a dog, priceless.

Yelow lab got into it with a skunk awhile back and was told to use tomato juice to remove the smell, thing is I turned her into a stawberry blonde :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I have always heard that lemon juice will remove fish smell.<br /><br />Perhaps some lemon dishwashing soap.<br /><br />Ken

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

H2O2 with a little dish soap. This worked best for skunk on my dog.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Mine too! However, the summers eve thought did cause me to spew beer on the monitor!

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'll be sure to follow this thread as my mutt, Luna, always seems to find the discarded stinky rotten bait over by the boatramp........ :rolleyes: <br /><br />And she loves to scent herself/roll around in it........ :( <br />
f899fcf1.jpg

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

A few years back I buried about 4-5 big carp in my mothers garden. About 3 days after her 2 dogs dug them up and rolled in them as well as spread them all over the yard. mmmmmmmm nice. Mom was none too happy with me. Allthough the dogs were happy. :eek: