Life Preserver

BuzzM

Seaman
This may not be the correct forum, but I use this one a lot.. so I would like to remind everyone about the importance of actually wearing their life preservers. I watched for two days while our local divers worked to recover a gentleman who fell out of his boat and hit his head in the process. Our lake is particularly murky and his fishing partner couldn't swim.
A life preserver possibly could have saved him.
I've seen this happen twice in the past three years at this lake.
Sorry if this sounds preachy.
Jim

wcsparky05

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Life Preserver

seat belts, wear 'em too, and don't ride roller coasters, they cause brain damage, don't go to college, people get shot there too, the unsafest place this summer is a major league ball park, because that hasn't been dirty-bombed yet. the end is near, say good-bye daily, which is nice because you never end the morning with a fight, just in- case, the end is near, peace be with you and wear your life preserver, in case of a dirty bomb, buy lots of duct tape!!! hahahaha, no really, don't get under your desk, the cuban missile crisis and the bay of pigs is over!!!! just buy lots and lots of 3M DUCT TAPE AND ALL IS WELL! pres. bush said so!!!!

BuzzM

Seaman

My intent wasn't to overstate the situation. Just thought a reminder for us boaters was worthwhile.
Maybe not.
Sorry.

xtraham

Lieutenant

seat belts, wear 'em too, and don't ride roller coasters, they cause brain damage, don't go to college, people get shot there too, the unsafest place this summer is a major league ball park, because that hasn't been dirty-bombed yet. the end is near, say good-bye daily, which is nice because you never end the morning with a fight, just in- case, the end is near, peace be with you and wear your life preserver, in case of a dirty bomb, buy lots of duct tape!!! hahahaha, no really, don't get under your desk, the cuban missile crisis and the bay of pigs is over!!!! just buy lots and lots of 3M DUCT TAPE AND ALL IS WELL! pres. bush said so!!!!
why would you want to bash someone, just for the sake of doing it?
Buzz is looking out for his fellow boaters and their families.
thanks Buzz great advise

Coors

Captain

Evidently, WCS can't keep his un-founded hatred of Bush in DC.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

WTF is that all about, :eek::eek: someone must of missed their meds!! :mad::mad:

jmoorepghpa

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well...... hmmmm....

There is a sense of sadness whenever I hear of someone who perished in a boating accident. As is evident from this forum we all share a bond or at least a bid of comraderie with all those who take to the water. It is frustrating when a death could have been prevented by something as simple as a life preserver. Thanks for the post Jim -- maybe someone who saw your post will wear a preserver when they wouldn't have before. Check out WillyBWright's signature if you haven't seen it.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Stipid is forever... and NOTHING makes up for common sense
noname.jpg