Life as a married man

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Two men were finishing their work day and one said, "I hate <br />to go home! Every night I eat the same tasteless food, wash <br />the dishes, walk the dog, and then go to bed alone." <br /><br />His co-worker asked, "Why don't you find a nice girl and get <br />married?" <br /><br />As the first man slammed his briefcase shut he replied, "I <br />AM married!"

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Life as a married man

I refuse to reply to this due to the beating I would get if the wife sees it

LadyFish

Admiral

Now thats so funny I forgot to laugh Kenneth.
Animation1.gif
<br /> ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have noticed that very few of the folks who make jokes about marriage are single. :)

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

so true JB p.s. I refuse to answer that on the grounds that the alimony will kill me

Link

Rear Admiral

When I saw title I thought it was going to be a joke :confused: <br /><br /> :D :D :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Nope, not a joke. It seems that way at first till you realize its true.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Oh my! Oops! Better keep my comments to myself. :D <br />Bassy

ebbtide176

Commander

LOL !!!<br /><br /> then i cried as the sad reality hit me ;)

am very lucky.......wife likes to fish as much or more than I do....and she just rebuilt the carb on our boat engine. How sweet is that?

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

When I was researching what sort of boat to buy I showed my wife online photos of what I was wanting to get.<br /><br />She took one quick look and said, "It's too small, look for something bigger."<br /><br />God, how I love her.

Dunaruna

Admiral

parrotthead,<br /><br />are we married to the same woman? My wife now wants a toilet in the boat, not portable, but full flushing with door, walls and ceiling. Its like a red rag to a bull, can't decide whether 26ft will be big enough - its sure fun looking.<br /><br />To everyone else, my wife is recovering from a brain operation (no joke, had a tumor removed). While the docs were in there they must have activated the fishing/boating switch - she can't get enough now. Maybe a trip to the docs can fix your woes.........<br /><br />Aldo

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Dunaruna, just exactly what type operation was that?.... :D :D

gaugeguy

Captain

And if they mess up, a frontal lobotomy will work just fine ;)

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dunaruna, we all are hoping and praying for full recovery of your wife. But on a lighter side, does that also work on single girls?(I'm still looking) We hope that God is on your best friend's side(your wife, of coarse) Best wishes, PDS.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

I have to admit, I didn't marry my wife because she could cook. Although she does pretty good at that. I guess you just have to find the right woman. A little luck helps too.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Retnav & PDS, sorry I havn't replied sooner.<br /><br />90% recovered now although at the time of the operation I was told that this type of operation usually unsuccessful (doctors would not give me a % which scared me). I chose to keep this info from my wife.<br /><br /> My wife and I did as much research as possible and now I have a medical terminology overload, all the technical terms blend into one another. The tumor was a somethingsomething-pherisytoma and was located in the center of her brain, about the size of a mandarine. Successfully removed and no sign of returning, so far (9 mths and 6 MRI scans after operation).<br /><br />She really does want to fish and go boating more now. Unfortunatly, it take an event like this to bring life into focus. <br /><br />Appreciate your thoughts,<br />Aldo

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Dunaruna,<br /> You are so right about a life changing event, like a serious operation, to make one view life and relationships differently. Happy for you that all has turned out so good. Hang on and enjoy. Best wished from me and mine.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Dunaruna <br />I just wondered over and gave my wife a big kiss and hug and re-affirmed my love for her. It does the heart good to see posts such as yours on this site. Thank you and your wife for that insight, and give her my love for making me think of the positive things there are aplenty in life.<br />Our day just got a wee bit better for you guys.<br />Ross

Dunaruna

Admiral

Guys, <br /><br />There is one thing I would like to share with you in relation to this brain tumor operation. The one and only symptom that led to the brain scan (and eventual operation) was an aching lower leg - she thought it was a pulled calf muscle. 6 weeks of physio therapy on her leg made no difference -hence the eventual brain scan.<br /><br />I am a self employed motor mechanic, I average a 12 hour working day - my legs ache most nights.<br /><br />Be honest, how many men would bother going to the doctor for aches in legs or arms?<br /><br />The point I am trying to make is that if it was me with the brain tumor - I would now be dead because I would brush the symptoms aside.<br /><br />Take nothing for granted, we live in countries that have the best medical systems in the world and from my perspective (now) - nothing even comes close to being as important an issue as family health.<br /><br />Aldo