License Plate

borourke

Seaman
OK, this is probably a stupid question, but I just purchased a new boat and trailer. Took the plate off the old trailer and went to put in on the new one and there is no where to mount the licence plate??? No frame or hanger, screw holes, Nothing..... I would hate to drill into a new trailer and encourage rust, so does anyone have any thoughts? It is a EZ-Loader custom trailer, duel axle. Thanks!

rwcreigh1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: License Plate

if you have to drill holes spray galvanized spray in the holes.watch the over spray.they may have it in a small bottle kinda like white out.but like brian said they are behind the brake light.enjoy the new toy

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Check your local farm store or boating store for the plastic (or metal) "T" shaped bracket that was mentioned earlier. They are dirt cheap and you don't have to make more holes in the trailer.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Better yet, go back to the dealer and ask where the bracket is, or if they have any laying around the shop gathering dust.

markvan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would bring it back to the place where you bought it and tell them to fix it. let them worry about the problems, if you do it and down the road you get rust where you drilled, I would bet they say "sorry we would like to help but you made modifications to the trailer"

ahein

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Most states require illumination of the license plate. Usually the left tail light has a clear lens on the underside to light the plate. This is where you want to mount the the "T" bracket that DJ spoke of. I agree that you should take it back to the dealer and have them provide the bracket free of charge.

rwidman

Lieutenant

As the others posted, the tag mounts under the left (driver's side) tail light.