Lever

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know that there is an device on side of my motor that is used to help when fogging and starting. I forgot what it is called. I have a Johnson 200, 2000 model, Carb! I know that you turn it one way for fogging and then another to run if I remember correct. I have not used boat in several yrs. Due to sickness. So I was trying to remember!
I would appreciate your help on this.

Thank You Davey C Sr

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lever

The primer solenoid should have the red handle aligned with the cylindrical base for normal running.

Attachments

• Primer Solenoid.jpg
    Primer Solenoid.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 0

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank You I could not remember. That is it! Thank You Very Much. If it is it is to fog the carbs correct? And down to run?
Let me ask another part of this. If it is in the wrong position what will happen? Will it cause it to run rough? Or heavy oil? Curious.

Thank You Again

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

The primer solenoid allow you to enrich the fuel/air mix by directing pressurized gas directly into the intake manifold, bypassing the carburetor. The device is just an electronic valve and does not create pressure on its own. When you push in the ignition key it activates the solenoid and opens the valve if the lever is as shown in the thumbnail.

If the lever is otherwise turned, the valve is open and will flood the engine.

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That Answers that question! Thank You Very Much.

Thanks Again Davey C Sr