Lets play: "Whats in my head?"

eeboater

Commander
Alright, here's how it works. I'll describe a situation and you guys and gals have to figure out what I am thinking.<br /><br />The situation: <br /><br />For the past 5-6 months they have been building Wal-Mart near where I live and work. The area is kind of a growing/affluent area where many of the local "executives" in Milwaukee have been settling down. From my understanding IKEA and WalMart duked it out for this piece of land and WalMart ended up winning.<br /><br />But after driving past the construction site several times over the past few months, I just noticed something MISSING today. In a way it stunned me!<br /><br />What is in my head, I.E. what is missing?<br /><br />Sean

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: Lets play: "Whats in my head?"

Okie dokie! i'll bite, my guess is the Now Hiring sign that's missing.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Maybe the grossly overweight, freelaoding, 6 kids of 5 men, spandex wearing, twinkie goobling, Plymouth Volare driven, slimey hair female patrons.

eeboater

Commander

Good guesses, and very accurate. But not right. Keep in mind, the place is still under construction and something is missing.... :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Parking? An entrance from a main road? Okay I give.<br /><br />Bob

gaugeguy

Captain

The guy with the sign that says "Repent, The End Is Near"

MudIsFun

Seaman

Some union construction guys outside of the construction area protesting the inequity of non union labor?

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by L.I. Chuck:<br /> Union workers
We have a Winner! And I'm not referring to the lack of em on the JOB, rather, the lack of them picketing outside! Not a single sign, picketer, nothing. I have never driven past a WalMart under construction without seeing any of the above!!<br /><br />Sean<br /><br />Edit - Wow, Mud, you sneaked that in there before I could post. You nailed it RIGHT On the head.

MudIsFun

Seaman

I work at the Orange County Airport and there is always 4-5 people across the street with a bright orange banner "Shame on "XXX Company".... LABOR DISPUTE". Now I have no idea what the dispute is but whats really funny is to see the same people a week later in front of another comany around the block with the same sign but with a diffrent company name. <br /><br />There must be some company out there that the unions pay just to picket when they do not have a real right to do so.<br /><br />Funny world we live in.<br /><br />Kevin

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A big sign that says, "WALMART opening soon!"

aspeck

Staff member

One going up in my hometown and no picketers either.

one more cast

Captain

We have a Walmart going up to and get this....the town won't let them build it to look like "walmart" it has to fit in with our rural landscape and it is going to have a hitching post for the Amish or anyone else that wants to ride a horse to the store.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Walmart under construction is such a common sight here it already blends in with the "landscape." Heck, it IS the landscape.<br /><br />"Walmarts" is the new unit of measurement. Hard to use though, it keeps shrinking. My sister's house is eight Walmarts away. No, nine, by next week it'll be ten. <br /><br />I've never seen a picket line in or around a Walmart store or construction site. Do union construction workers cross it to get to work?

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Lets play: "Whats in my head?"
I'll tell ya Sean .. I got a good chuckle outta that title.. thought to myself .. " Self.. why is he asking us to guess whats in his head?? I wonder .. would he even be able to tell us if we were to guess correctly?? ... hmmmm.. "<br /> :p :D