Lets blame god for Katrina (I'm beating Pat Robertson to it)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Anybody suprsied that Pat Robertson hasnt claimed Gods wrath was responsible for the destruction of New Orleans?<br /><br />It was a very sinful city.<br /><br />Maybe give him a week?<br /><br />Ken

txswinner

Banned
Re: Lets blame god for Katrina (I'm beating Pat Robertson to it)

Too late Ken, already done by the Taliban and bin laden.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I do not subscribe to the concept of God and the Devil the same way as i assume most folks here seems to do, however, according to popular beliefs, how can one be so sure that it was not the work of the Devil?<br /><br />IMO, I regard Pat Robertson and his ilk as a bunch of bigots.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I agree with Ken, I expect that to be Robertson's approach.<br /><br />It's God's "fault" in the same way that sunrise and sunset, birth and death, are His fault...it's part of creation, and I "blame" (read "credit") God for creation. That's just my own personal theology.

KaGee

Admiral

"IMO, I regard Pat Robertson and his ilk as a bunch of bigots."
That was a bigotted remark. <br />
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) <br />"A person who regards his own faith and views in matters of religion as unquestionably right, and any belief or opinion opposed to or differing from them as unreasonable or wicked. In an extended sense, a person who is intolerant of opinions which conflict with his own, as in politics or morals; one obstinately and blindly devoted to his own church, party, belief, or opinion."
You are as you accuse. Shame on you.

KaGee

Admiral

God had nothing to do with it...

txswinner

Banned

I am with VLAD make me a bigot also if that is what it takes to oppose Pat Robertson and what he stands for. Whoda thunk me and VLAD agreeing on something!

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I have never claimed to have all of the answers as Pat Robertson does, His condemnation to hell of Catholics, Jews, Moslems, and buddists is very much in line with your definition of what a bigot is.<br /><br />quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) <br />"A person who regards his own faith and views in matters of religion as unquestionably right, and any belief or opinion opposed to or differing from them as unreasonable or wicked. In an extended sense, a person who is intolerant of opinions which conflict with his own, as in politics or morals; one obstinately and blindly devoted to his own church, party, belief, or opinion."<br /><br /><br />If stating what is a fact makes me a bigot, then my good man your judgement if not flawed, it certainly remains questionable at the very best.

Ralph 123

Captain

There all kinds of wackjob religious "leaders" out there saying this is God's wrath. Muslims - payback for crimes against Muslims. Jews - payback for forcing Israel out of Gaza... etc., etc. The stories in the press aren't hard to find. They love finding the wackjobs in any religion and holding them up as representative of religious people in general. That's how you marginalize them all... simple as 1, 2, 3

txswinner

Banned

Hell, I am with Ralph also, someone better start watching us agreeing.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I agree that it is totally ridicules for anyone to claim that the hurricane was God's fault or for that matter the Devil's fault. Where is the proof of that? there ain't none.<br /><br />If anything, there is possible circumstantial evidence that this catastrophy is the fault of man.<br /><br /> If one choose to live in an area prone to vicious storms, then one ought to be better prepared.<br /><br /> The past and present city, state and federal officials whether appointed or elected, Qualified or un-qualified, what is certain is that they all failed their consitiuencies miserably.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

The similarities between Pat Robertson and the Moslem extremists are as scary as they are striking. They both believe that their own religious beliefs should be used to govern. If ever there were an argument in favor of the separation of church and state......