Lesson Learnt

dolluper

Captain
On the weekend I was going to an auction of 4 estates together and by mistake I asked the wife to come. It was cold that morning and a very good chance it was going to rain [forcasted]Well the wife said yes so we go get there and theres lots of real nice tools and other household items some real fancy stuff. We register and start checking the stuff out since it's going to start in 15 minutes I always do a fast cruise around to try and see everything So I tell the wife to go check on her own as I'm going to the back where the air tools and equippment is "that's fine she says" As I'm checking some of the equippment out the auction starts I keep checking the stuff then I head back to the front where they are auctioning stuff already for about 15 minutes and I find out the wife has already bought a truck load of stuff [junk] and she was glad to see me as she had no money and of coarse forgot her purse at home. Yeah it was a lesson learnt boy don't leave your wife alone at an auction unless she's paying and you have a 5 ton truck to cart home the "JUNK" Any you guy's ever have this problem????

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Lesson Learnt

:) That will teach YA!!!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />"OH"!!! By the way, she will do it again!!!! :D :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Kinda like shopping isn't it? So what's there not to understand? Woman....Shopping.... Yep, that'll teach ya. LOL :D <br />Bassy

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

wife with $$$ don't get along very well. She keeps trying to get rid of it while I keep trying to keep them!! :D :D ;)

Twidget

Commander

You are a brave man, Dolluper. I wouldn't take my wife anywhere close to a sale. :)

dolluper

Captain

Hair dryers,toasters[hay Boom needs one] coffee maker,pictures,another exercise bike [got 2 already colecting dust] another tv [must be for the shed??]carpet be nice in the garage, a bedroom set [have to build an extention on the house for it]Old chairs 10 of them [for the audience when I cut the grass] dishes, glasses, 3 brooms [for flying] and of coarse the friggin CROCK POT and there's more Man o Man

KaGee

Admiral

Well, we can see who wears the pants in that family! :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Every time I go shopping anywhere with the wife, she buys so much junk. I had to buy a truck just to keep up!<br /><br />I always ask, where are we gonna put it????<br /><br />Ken

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

Going once, going twice, SOLD....to the woman with her husbands hands around her neck

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Did you ever get to buy tools and equipment for YOU????<br /><br />Bob

Moody Blue

Captain

Dolluper look at it this way. Next time you want to buy something for the boat the wife will have a hard time saying no. Let her have her "treasures" and you can have your "toys".

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by dolluper:<br /> Any you guy's ever have this problem????
Not me.<br /><br />Last time I got married, the new perspective wife wanted to do it in 'Vegas, since she'd never been there. And she told me,,, "Now we're going to a gambling resort, and I want to make sure we have at least $20 we can just 'Blow',,,<br />and even lose in the slot machines during the 4 days we're there",,,,,,,, OK"?. <br /><br />When she goes shopping:<br /><br />Nowdays, when she comes home from shopping- she brings prime cuts of meat, tune up parts for her truck, a new Colt 1911, or even a Browning side by side 12 guage she got for about .10 cents on the dollar.

dolluper

Captain

Yeah Bob_VT I did I got a 3/4 drive blue point impact gun and assorted sockets 3/4 drive for 50 bones [fantasic deal] guns is worth 700 and change alone, a 230 volt arc welder for 50 , truck wheel dolley 10 bones [fanastic deal] pressure washer 25 bones [real good deal] 6 ton stands 4 of them for 10 bones [great deal] So I did real well but what I saved she made up for it by spending and buying "JUNK" <br />And NYM your completly right who's pants she bought a box [big one] full of clothes ,oven mutts ,table clothes, assorted kitchen utitenials and even three pairs of "PANTS" she said she bought it for the oven mutts go figure only 10 bucks for the whole box of "JUNK"<br />ALL in all is was fun and it was a great day got my first slight sun burn I love auctions

Moody Blue

Captain

Dolluper how did you manage to get so many good deals at one auction ? I've been to several over the past year and the idiots bidding end up paying more than they would have if they had gone to the store and bought it new :eek: I have yet to find ONE good deal. RATS !!!

dolluper

Captain

RodC it was one a moving company had and the forcast for rain helped I'm sure they even had a teddy bear stuffing machine and stuffing and rope worth more than 11 grand went for 100 bones Keep pluging you will find one