Lenco joystick/dual prop electric

Ckalucki

Cadet
Hey yall! Smh. Have a Ponder Pontoon, it’s now about 20 years old! Was out on lake with my inlaws and daughter, and wife, power to both props just went out, no reason! Joystick trims tabs up and down, (it’s a lenco system) but when i push it forward or back, no thrust to props. Ive looked at every wire possible, fuses, etc. nothiiiiiiing. Im at a loss. Is it joystick, motor, i dont know. Smh. Everything else on boat works perfectly. When i push joystick forwars or reverse…nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

Ckalucki

Cadet
Hey yall! Smh. Have a Ponder Pontoon, it’s now about 20 years old! Was out on lake with my inlaws and daughter, and wife, power to both props just went out, no reason! Joystick trims tabs up and down, (it’s a lenco system) but when i push it forward or back, no thrust to props. Ive looked at every wire possible, fuses, etc. nothiiiiiiing. Im at a loss. Is it joystick, motor, i dont know. Smh. Everything else on boat works perfectly. When i push joystick forwars or reverse…nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

alldodge

Staff member
Looks like you have Lenco Troll'N Tabs, where there is a trolling motor attached to each trim tab

I moved your thread and merged the two threads
Don't start multiple threads in different areas

Ckalucki

Cadet
Ah, I’m sorry, newbie here, my apologies! Both motors are right under the trim tabs

alldodge

Staff member
My guess is the Bat's used to power tabs are not the Bats that would be used for trolling. Need a voltmeter and trace the connections

Ckalucki

Cadet
Yep, tried different batteries, traced all connections, all seem good. Could be time for electrician…

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Yep, tried different batteries, traced all connections, all seem good. Could be time for electrician…
Electric actuators work but trolling motors do not.
Solution Sequence:

1.1 Check system On/Off switch located on the main control box. Ensure that the switch is in the On position.

1.2. Check the foot control connector located on the wire harness attached to the main control box. Verify that it is fully inserted and corrosion-free.

1.3 Inspect the in-line fuse located on the positive battery cable near the terminal strip. If the fuse is blown, the motors will not work. Replace the fuse if necessary.

1.4 Verify that all connections at the main control box terminal strip are accurate and tight as per Troll’n Tab wiring diagram.

1.5 Assess the system batteries state of charge. Set both motors on FWD and on a high speed with the foot control. Check the voltage of each battery independently. Voltage should read 12.0 volts minimum. Charge batteries if necessary.

Ckalucki

Cadet
Electric actuators work but trolling motors do not.
Solution Sequence:

1.1 Check system On/Off switch located on the main control box. Ensure that the switch is in the On position.

1.2. Check the foot control connector located on the wire harness attached to the main control box. Verify that it is fully inserted and corrosion-free.

1.3 Inspect the in-line fuse located on the positive battery cable near the terminal strip. If the fuse is blown, the motors will not work. Replace the fuse if necessary.

1.4 Verify that all connections at the main control box terminal strip are accurate and tight as per Troll’n Tab wiring diagram.

1.5 Assess the system batteries state of charge. Set both motors on FWD and on a high speed with the foot control. Check the voltage of each battery independently. Voltage should read 12.0 volts minimum. Charge batteries if necessary.
Tried them all, 1-1.5, nothing. Tried replacing circuit breakers as well. Nothing. I am so lost at this point, that its got me thinking it may be the actual motors inside the prop? However, there would be signs of burnout somewhere, I would think? Or, the other solution, is that it is the joystick, and moving it forward and back, is not engaging the engines. They don't sell the joystick any longer, so I have no idea what I would do. Ugh. Summer is almost over, used the damn thing twice.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
However, there would be signs of burnout somewhere, I would think?
Unless you put 110 or 220 volts AC into the motor, I would not expect to see any damage at all.

You need to start eliminating things from contention.

Pull the connector on the actuator. Put a meter on it while trying to operate the motor to see if you have voltage.

No voltage move up to the next component. You will need a schematic from there